I am a huge lover of the bun. Be it the ribbon bun or sock bun, I looove! When it comes to the sock bun, I have always wondered what makes the bun meaty and so full. Then I found out recently. A SOCK! Yeah… if you don’t have as much hair as Rapunzel, then you must put a sock in your hair to achieve the perfect sock bun. Here is a quick DIY Sock Hair Bun for you to rock to work, parties, hangouts or just generally chill. Enjoy.
Here is a quick DIY Sock Hair Bun for you to rock to work, parties, hangouts or just generally chill.
Things You Need:
• A hair parker (elastic)
• A sock
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Use the scissors to cut the toe off of the sock to create a tube.
2. Roll your tube into a ‘bagel’ shape.
3. Then use the hair parker (elastic) to make a ponytail in your hair where you want the bun.
4. Pull your ponytail through the center of the sock bagel and spread your hair around the sock.
5. Roll the sock down the length of your ponytail (towards your head) and wrap your hair around it as you go. Make sure you’re covering the sock as you go.
6. When you’ve reached the base of your ponytail, tuck in any remaining ends and make sure the sock is covered with hair so it does not reveal our secret *wink*.
N:B- This article originally appeared on http://www.myspice.tv and was written by YEMI OBAMEDO.